Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hey' Y'all!


"Tongue-Tied" from the series Love and Loss, Color Photograph, 12 x 12", 2008

Hey Y'all! I've been practicing this, since I will be going to Texas Woman's University in the fall!!! I'm sooo, sooo excited. And terrified. But mostly excited... I've even been having ideas lately. Photographic series ideas!! WHHAAAAT? Yes. Photo ideas. I've been at a major road block for like, idk, the last 3 years!

So anyway, The whole "Hey Y'all" thing sounds really weird coming out of my mouth. But not any weirder than saying "Yins". (Which is a Northeast Ohio/ But mostly a Western Pennsylvania thing.) Sooo, I've been trying to get things situated and what not. Like how am I getting down there? Where am I going to live? How exactly am I going to pay for this? You know, all of the pressing questions of the universe... Oh, and I got a GA position. That's a Graduate Assistantship!!! I'm going to be the "Black and White Lab/ Computer Lab Co-Manager." So, it will probably be very similar to the type of work that I did as an undergrad, as the "Photo Lab Assistant."

No comments: