Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hello again winter...

(Alright, so before you start judging my photo skills, this is taken with my camera phone on a whim, so the snow is a bit hard to see)

This day always saddens me. The first snow of the season.

 I know, I know. I've lived in north east Ohio my entire life and I should be accustomed to this already. My childhood has been riddled with memories of trick-or-treating with snow suits and boots. Buying costumes three sizes to big to fit over parkas. Festive mittens and hats with only a tiny bit of discernable face paint poking through... Anyway.  It's now November. Mid November. November 16th to be exact. So I guess the snow is a little late this year. And it should be expected, but it still makes me sad.

I've been holding on to hoodies and ballet flats without socks for too long I guess. I know global warming is horrible, and the plight of the oceans, and the polar bears and what not. But I have to say, I do enjoy the warmer weather. I know that makes me a bad person, but my body hates the cold. My knees and achy joints have been letting me know, "Ya. Winter is totally here. Prepare to suffer." So I guess I just need to suck it up. And dust off the winter coat, and find what the hell I did with my ice scraper, because it's going to be a long one.

No comments: